- 18m Infinity-edge lap pool and expansive decking
- ADSL internet connection (WIFI throughout)
- Fully furnished inc. linens/towels
- Expansive living/lounge area with Sofas and dining table
- Indoor and outdoor sound system
- 5 master bedrooms with double bed, air conditioned and with fans
- All bedrooms with TV, DVD and iPod docks (no cable TV to bedrooms)
- Cinema Paradiso (indoor projector room with cinema chairs seating 12 guests)
- In House spa with one massage table, shower and sauna
- Outdoor BBQ & Bar
- Safety box in all rooms
- Plasma and 70+ cable channels in living area
- Living on site, the Villa Manager and villa staff are available to cater to the guests every need
- Bed linen is changed every third day
- Pool & Bath Towels are provided and changed as necessary. We do appreciate our guests help to conserve water usage and thus sustain our pristine island environment
- In-Villa wine selection
- Concierge service for all tours and activities; private tours can also be arranged
- Car rental with or without driver, full insurance coverage
- Baby sitting service on request and availability
- In-villa spa treatment with extended menu
- In-villa yoga practice can be arranged
Villa Michaela sits majestically at the top of a gentle mountainside, just a few minutes away from the beach and the airport, and this villa has magnificent views over the floating temples of Wat Plai Laem and out across the ocean.
The road leads you into a grey stone-walled driveway and right up behind the villa to a covered car parking area. Opposite the imperial, palace like, ancient wooden entrance gates is an eye-catching contemporary stone waterfall feature. This contrast of contemporary and antique styles sets the tone for the rest of this impressive property.
The incredible oversized wooden gates swing open to reveal a beautiful inner courtyard. A wide tiled walkway is lined on either side by palm trees and leads directly through to the main living space. On either side of the walkway there’s a sitting area and a pond with wide stepping stones leading to the wooden decked entrances of two bedroom pavilions. The whole courtyard is immaculately landscaped with individual ponds surrounding planted frangipani trees, oversized ceramic pots, stone statues and exquisite outdoor furniture.
This entrance courtyard is not only inviting and attractive but it provides a peaceful and serene relaxing environment. It’s a space which encourages you to sit in the shade and read or enjoy a drink in a very tropical and natural environment.
This is the perfect foil for the starkly contrasting interior of the main living space. Stepping into the enormous, and very white, space you’re faced with a wall of glass overlooking the pool and the sensational views. Inside you’re eyes are automatically drawn to the dramatic almost gothic styled black chandelier in the centre of the room.
The walls and floors are white terrazzo, the door and window frames are high quality wood which has been given a white-limed paint effect, as has the high vaulted wooden ceiling. Large comfortable sofas are also white and there’s a huge round terrazzo-topped white dining table all combining to create a capsule of white space.
To provide a natural balance, the black chandelier is matched with black tables and lamps around the sofa, a life size black statue on the right as you enter, black candelabras on the dining table and a black framed mirror on the wall.
This contemporary minimalistic black and white styling has just the right amount of accessories and touches to make it aesthetically pleasing, interesting and comfortable. The choice of accessories, artworks and ornaments are distinctly Asian in origin and antique in design adding a sense of history to an otherwise very modern space.
Hidden behind a floating wall on the left is the fully equipped modern kitchen with central island feature and all high-end appliances.
To the right is a glass encased floating light-wood staircase which leads up to mezzanine den. In here a comfortable day bed sits on a wooden floor facing a large flat screen TV whilst overlooking the lounge, the pool and out across the views.
The front of the open-plan living space opens to the poolside area which has extensive decking around the aquamarine-tiled infinity swimming pool. There’s ample space for sunbathing on the terrace and an assortment of outdoor furniture for relaxing and soaking up the sun. There’s a full outdoor dining table and chairs, and a stone built cooking/barbecue station. The pool has two decked island features, reached via stepping stones, which could be used for intimate and exclusive dining options or simply as extra sunbathing space.
Heading back into the entrance courtyard, two identical bedroom pavilions sit on either side and each contains two double en-suite bedrooms. The first bedroom in each pavilion has a floating bed with dressing area behind and flat screen TV in front.
In the bedrooms the theme of having a blank white canvass of walls and floors, accentuated with black accessories is continued.
The en-suite bathrooms in all of the bedrooms are simply breathtaking. The indoor/outdoor bathrooms are huge and each is presided over by a smaller version of the living room chandelier. A glass door opens to reveal a pebble surrounded sunken terrazzo tub which is the size of a small plunge pool, beyond that is a rain shower which is partially open to the sky with a bamboo cover.
On the other side of the glass door there are twin terrazzo sinks and a toilet space which has the walls lined with sunken shelves, each housing an Asian styled ornament or artefact. The en-suites for these four bedrooms epitomise the vision of extreme island luxury.
A walkway leads from both bedroom pavilions out to the pool and steps on either side lead down to the level below. Cleverly situated on the lower level are the facilities that separate this property from other villas on the island. The first room is set up as a billiards/games room with a black wooden floor and one wall completely covered in natural grey stone.
The next room adds to the entertainment options with incomparable style. This is a truly enormous dedicated home cinema room, with twelve black leather oversized cinema styled chairs, complete with drinks holders sunken into the arm rests. There’s more seating available in the form of stools and lots of space to fit in more people if required. It even has its own bathroom. This is probably the biggest dedicated home cinema on Samui and it has a cutting-edge audio/visual system to match the impressive dimensions of the room.
The final room in this row is another double bedroom. This room has style in abundance with a grey stone wall behind the black contemporary four-poster bed. Again black wooden floors contrast with the white wardrobes and exotic blood red artwork, there’s a flat screen TV and a phenomenal round terrazzo bathtub adding to the overall indulgence of this seductive bedroom space.
It’s hard not to be impressed by the designs, style and taste of the choice of exceptional furnishings and ornaments, all perfectly positioned around the whole villa. The facilities are all very appealing and there’s more to come.
To complete this villa there’s one more addition which ensures that the property offers something to please everyone, a private spa. Set to the right of the swimming pool, on the lower level, a stepping stone pathway leads through the gardens to the spa. Inside you’ll find a dedicated massage room, steam room, bathroom and shower room, all finished and furnished with style and quality. The mix of old and new continues throughout the spa, as an example there’s an antique red Chinese cabinet forming the base for a modern black ceramic sink with chrome taps.
There’s a sense of drama about the whole villa, the black and white balance, the mix of old and new, the Asian details and the villa’s naturally elevated position all combine perfectly, and the result is something very special.
- Daily rates from US$ 1,200 to 2,000 for the entire house; reduced occupancy rates available from US$ 1,050 to 1,350 for 3 double bedrooms except Christmas and New year
- Daily rates include a full time Thai Chef (food cost on Guests account) Minimum stay of 3 nights (14 nights over Christmas or New Year, 5 nights for Chinese New Year, Easter and Songkran)
- Rates shown are for a maximum of 10 (ten)guests. Extra guests will be charged at US$50 per night.
- Daily Rates and extra beds are subject to 10% service charge and 7% tax
- Airport transfer: rates inclusive of airport transfer
- Baby cot provided free of charge
- Rates include daily Continental breakfast
- The transfer to the beach is inclusive in rates
- For weddings and private parties, surcharge may be applicable depending on number of guests
The villa is located between Choeng Mon and Chaweng beach
The villa is on a secluded hillside about 10 min drive from Chaweng or Choeng Mon, 10 min from the Airport, 15 min from Bophut Fisherman’s village and 25 min drive away from the Santiburi Golf and Country Club.